Benefit from accurate, fast inspections using the world’s most advanced automated ultrasonic test system.
Our Automated Tube and Pipe™ (ATaP) scanning system combines accuracy, portability and the ability to go inside the tube to perform detailed inspections. The result is on-site riser joint inspections that are faster than ever.
ATaP consists of a scanning head assembly, small winch and a battery-operated system used to program and power the rotating scanning head. The system operates without touching the inside tube, eliminating head wear and permitting high-speed operation.
ATaP scanning advantages
- Inside-the-riser inspections
- Can operate with the riser in a vertical position
- Capable of mapping pipe and tube diameter of 2.5 to 30 inches (65 mm to 1.5 m) and up to 100 feet (30 m) in length, or 200 feet (60 m) with access from both ends
- Works with all current riser manufacturing technology
- More portable than any competitive system; fits in two suitcases
- Deployable in minutes in remote locations
- Data presented in graphic and tabular form
- Proven around the world, at customer locations and ours
Learn more in our Inspection Services brochure.
“Our independent and unbiased assessments of risers from any manufacturer provide you with the objective data you need to make a repair or replace decision.”